M.D. Katarina Anđelkov
Katarina Andjelkov, MD PhD is an accomplished plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
After graduating in medicine at the University of Belgrade, Serbia, she was trained in plastic surgery by prof. Ivo Pitanguy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Upon moving back to Serbia, she completed her master studies and PhD degree in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Belgrade. She is enrolled as a researcher in studies involving cell therapies and other projects in plastic surgery at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade. She is also the owner of the first clinic for regenerative surgery in the Balkans where she performs stem cell treatments.
Dr Andjelkov is an active member of a number of professional associations such as: ASPS, ISAPS, IFATS, SRBPRAS, SBCP, Aexpi. She has been frequently invited as a speaker to most of the plastic surgery meetings worldwide.
- Research associate at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Professor of plastic, reconstructive and regenerative surgery SESA University, Minas Gerais, Brasil
- Owner and leading surgeon “BelPrime Clinic”, Clinic for plastic and aesthetic surgery, Belgrade, Serbia
- PhD at the University of Belgrade in “The use of orbicularis retaining ligament in treatment of eyelid retraction”
- Master degree at the University of Belgrade in “Complications in breast reconstructive surgery”
- Post-graduation in Periorbital surgery at the Fluminence University in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
- Specialist in Plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Belgrade Medical School, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Specialist in Plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Post graduation Institute “Carlos Chagas” Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, prof. Ivo Pitanguy class
- Medical School of Belgrade, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Breast reconstruction at “Instituto dei tumori”, Milan, Italy
- Periorbital surgery at EMORY University, Atlanta-Georgia, USA
- Periorbital surgery at FOSH Hospital, Paris, France
- Granic M, Opric M, Munjas N, Andjelkov K et al. Subcutaneous Mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction performed in 15 year old female patient with phyllodes tumor. Med Sci Monit, 1999; 5(5): 950-2.
- Andjelkov K, Sforza M, Zaccheddu R et al. No recurrence in otoplasty: Is that possible? Srp Arh Celok Lek.2010;138(9-10):546-50.
- Andjelkov K, Sforza M, Granic M, et al. [Breast reconstruction: correlation between different procedures, reconstruction
timing and complications].[Article in Serbian]. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 2011; 139(7-8):470-75.
- Andjelkov K, Sforza M. A canthopexy to begin with. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011;64(10):1389-90.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Zaccheddu R et al. An unusual case of ascariasis of the appendix. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 2011;139(11-12):809-11.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Zaccheddu R et al. Transversus abdominis plane block anaesthesia in abdominoplasties. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;128(2):529-35.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Zaccheddu R. A successful salvage protocol for breast implants. Plast Reconstr Surg, 2011; 128(1):33e-4e.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Zaccheddu R, Jovanovic M, Colic M. The “Brazilian” bikini-shaped lip-reduction technique: new developments in cheiloplasty. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2012 Aug;36(4):827-31.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Ivanov D et al. A rare case of benign omentum teratoma. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 2012; 140(5-6):362-4.
- Sforza M., Andjelkov K., Zaccheddu R. Severe burn on 81% of body surface after sun tanning. Turkish Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery: TJTES 2013, 19 (4): 383-4.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Zaccheddu R. The Inconvenient Truth about Silicone Breast Implants: Lessons from the PIP Scandal. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;132: 67
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Zaccheddu R. Double Capsule, Unpredictability and High Revision Rates: Are We Going To Have Another PIP Scenario with the Aggressively Textured Silicone Breast Implants? Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;132:135-6.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Husein R, Zaccheddu R. Will 1-stage implant salvage after periprosthetic breast infection ever be routine? A 6-year successful experience. Aesthet Surg J. 2014;34(8):1172-8.
- Sforza M, Husein R, Andjelkov K, Rozental-Fernandes PC, Zaccheddu R, Jovanovic M. Use of Quilting Sutures During Abdominoplasty to Prevent Seroma Formation: Are They Really Effective? Aesthet Surg J. 2015;35(5):574-80.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Husein R, Zaccheddu R, Atkinson C. Response to “Seroma Prevention in Abdominoplasty: Eliminating the Cause”. Aesthet Surg J. 2016;36(1):NP25-6.
- Sforza M, Andjelkov K, Zaccheddu R, Husein R, Atkinson C. A Preliminary Assessment of the Predictability of Fat Grafting to Correct Silicone Breast Implant-Related Complications. Aesthet Surg J. 2016; 36(8): 886–94.
- Andjelkov K, Atanasijevic TC, Popovic VM, Sforza M, Atkinson CJ,
Soldatovic I. Anatomical aspects of the gastrocnemius muscles: A study in 47 fresh cadavers. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2016;69(8):1102-8.
- Andjelkov К, Maricic Z. Posterior Fourchette Fissure Resolution After Injection of Autologous Adipose-Derived Regenerative Cells. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;129(3):497-9.
- Andjelkov K, Sforza M, Husein R, Atanasijevic T, Popovic V. Safety and Efficacy of Subfascial Calf Augmentation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;139(3):657e-69e.
- Andjelkov K, Sforza M, Barisic g, Soldatovic I, Hiranyakas A. and Krivokapic Z. A novel method for treatment of chronic anal fissures: adipose- derived regenerative cells – a pilot study. Colorectal Disease. 2017;19(6):570-5.
- Andjelkov K, Llull R, Colic M, Atanasijevic TC, Popovic VM, Colic M. Aesthetic Improvement of Undeveloped Calves After Treatment of Congenital Clubfoot Deformity. Aesthet Surg J. 2018 Oct 15;38(11):1200-1209.
- Andjelkov K, Sijan-Miskovic N, Colic M et al. Gland suspension Improves Breast Augmentation Outcomes. Plast Reconstr Surg Global Open. 2018;6(11):e2032.
- Andjelkov K, Atkinson CJ. Fat grafting as adjuvant to reduce scars in arm. Plast Aesthet Res.2018;5:18.
- Andjelkov K, Llull R. Commentary on: Does Stromal Vascular Fraction Ensure a Higher Survival in Autologous Fat Grafting for Breast Augmentation? A Volumetric Study Using 3-Dimensional Laser Scanning. Aesthet Surg J. 2019;39(1):53-55.
Editorial Board Member
- Peer – Reviewer for the “Aesthetic Surgery Journal” Oxford Academic
- Peer – Reviewer for the “Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery” ELSEVIER
- Journal “Plastic and Aesthetic Research Journal”, Wolters Kluwer health
- IFATS – International Federation of Adipose Therapeutics and Science
- ISAPS – International Society for Plastic Surgery
- SBCP – Brasilian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- AeXPI – Association of Prof. Pitanguy’s students
- ASPS – American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- SRBPRAS – Srbian Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Best Scientific Exhibit Award – American Congress of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Boston, 2011
- Best Scientific Exhibit Award – American Congress of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, New York, 2009
- 5th Annual International Ain Shams Students Medical Congress, Cairo, Egypt, 2nd-4th January 1997. Awarded the price of 7th best research out of 180 researches from 30 countries around the world paper: “Serum Biochemical parameters in alcoholic with withdrawal Syndrome”
- VI European Medical Students Association International Scientific Symposium, Antwerp , Belgija, 17-19 April 1996. Awarded best paper presentation “Frequency of epilepsy in chronic alcoholics”
FACULTY, INSTRUCTIONAL COURSES or INVITED SPEAKER:
- 9th-11th June, 2005. XXV Jornada Paulista Congress, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Invited speaker, “Leg Prothesis”
- 4th-7th June, 2009. VI BAPRAS Congress together with ISAPS Postgraduate 1-day symposium, Ohrid, FYR Macedonia. “Incursions in Pitanguy`s breast reduction technique” and “The use of orbicularis retaining ligament in lower blepharoplasties”
- 12th-14th May, 2010. 2nd Asian Plastic Surgery Conference & ISAPS Postgraduate one day symposium, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. “Treatment of collapse after lower blepharoplasty”
- April, 2009. 4th Annual Meeting of the Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Kajurahu, India. “Canthoplasties and canthopexies that can be frequently used in blepharoplasties”
- 21st-23rd April, 2011. VI International Congress for aesthetic medicine and plastic surgery, Almaty, Kazakhstan. “Methodizing the lower blepharoplasty” and “Revisiting Pitanguy’s breast reduction techniques”
- 7th-9th June 2012. 9th Duesseldorf Breast Cancer Conference, Germany, “Lipobanking and its potential use in breast surgery”
- 5th-8th September 2013. 8th BAPRAS Congress together with IPRAS Academy for Aesthetic Surgery Training “The art of face”, Budva Montenegro, “The modern approach to lower eyelid retraction” I “Methodizing the lower blepharoplasty”
- 19th-22nd September 2014. 22nd ISAPS Congress, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. “Forum Intercurrences x Solutions” and “21st century silicone breast implant technology”
- 23rd-26th September, 2014. XX FILACP Congress, Cancun, Mexico. Instructional course: Gluteal intramuscular implants – Gluteo Armonico”
- January 29th– February 1st 2015. 17th IMCAS, Paris, France. “An assessment of predictability of fat grafting to correct complications of breast silicone implants”
- 11. 27th-28th February 2015. 2nd Symposium of regenerative orthopedics, Novi Sad, Serbia. Invited lecture: “The role of Adipose Derived Stem Cells in surgery”
- 18th-19th September 2015. VII International Forum on Plastic Surgery, Szeged, Hungary. KEYNOTE SPEAKER with 3 lectures:
– The modern approach in treatment of lower eyelid retraction
– An assesment of the predictability of fat grafting to correct complications of breast silicone implants
– Advances in harvesting and processing fat to get more predictable results
- January 2016. 18th IMCAS, Paris, France. Faculty and invited speaker
- 18th-20th March, 2016. XVII International Symposium of plastic surgery and III Body Contour, Sao Paolo, Brasil. Invited faculty and speaker
- 17th-20th November, 2016. 14th IFATS Annual Meeting, San Diego, USA. Faculty – member of the scientific committee
– ADRCs in treatment of androgenetic alopecia
- 6th-9th October, 2016. 5th ISPRES Congress, Marseille, France. Faculty and invited speaker
– SVF application in androgenetic alopecia
- 12th-14th May, 2016. 29th SOFCEP Congress Bordeaux, France. Faculty and invited speaker
- January 2017. 19th IMCAS. Paris, France. Faculty and invited speaker
- 30th SOFCEP Congress 2017, Marseilles, France. Faculty and invited speaker
- 24th-26th October 2017. 2nd American-Norwegian Aesthetic Meeting, Oslo, Norway. Invited faculty and a speaker
- 21st-23rd September, 2017. 3rd International Congress of AAEgy, Cairo, Egypt. Invited faculty and a speaker
- 15-16th December, 2017. 9th International Conference of Regenerative Surgery, Rome, Italy. Invited faculty and a speaker
- 1st– 3rd February, 2018. 20th IMCAS World Congress, Paris, France. Invited faculty and a speaker
- 15th-17th March, 2018. IMCAS Americas, Cartagena, Colombia. Invited faculty and a speaker
- 31st SOFCEP Congress 2018, Lyon, France. Invited faculty and a speaker
- 3rd September, 2018. Royal Society of Medicine, London.Uk. Invited faculty and a speaker at the conference “New frontiers in fat grafting”
- January 31st– February 3nd 2019. 21st IMCAS World Congress, Paris. Invited faculty and a speaker
- 14th-17th March, 2019. Annual national Meeting of the Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Lonavala, India. Invited faculty and speaker
- 3rd-6th April 2019. 15th Jornada Carioca de Buzios & 1st Brazilian Fat Transfer Meeting, Buzios, Brazil. Invited faculty and a speaker
- 21st-22nd June, 2019. 10th International Conference on Regenerative Surgery, Rome, Italy. Invited faculty and a speaker